My Dear Parishioners,
This weekend we are collecting your non-perishable food donations for our annual Manna Food Drive. Thank you for your generous support in the past. Last year we collected 2,355 pounds of food. Our food is taken to the Coordinating Council of Health and Welfare, which stocks the Warminster Food Cupboard which is located at 75 Downey Drive in Warminster. In the past they have told us that St. Joseph is the largest contributor of food and they are very grateful for our support. This Manna Food Drive is especially important because it helps to stock their shelves during the summer months when donations typically are at their lowest because of summer vacations.
As we are in the midst of prime vacation season, I thought it would be good to remind you of something that pastors of old used to tell their congregations. I hope you have a good vacation, but remember there is no vacation from God. If your plans call for travel, I would suggest going to the website, www.masstimes.org. You can input a city or zip code and it will list all the nearby churches and their Mass times. I have used it and it is very convenient. I also want to thank you for remembering to support your parish while you are enjoying some vacation. One way to do that is by signing up to make your regular weekly donation online. It is very easy, just go to our parish website and click on the “Online Giving” button.
On behalf of the Office for Life and Family, I am sharing information regarding an upcoming retreat opportunity. The Joy of Restoration Retreat offers men and women the opportunity for restoration in terms of forgiveness and accountability, impediments to evangelization and spiritual growth, relationships with God and others, mercy and healing.
The retreat will take place August 3-5, 2018 at the Malvern Retreat House. It will feature nationally acclaimed speakers and experts from various disciplines including:
- Damon Owens, international speaker and evangelist and the founder of joytob; ( joy~ Theology of the Body)
- Devin Schadt, founder of the Fathers of Saint Joseph;
- Dr. Peter Kleponis, clinical psychologist, marriage and family therapist, forgiveness expert and pornography addiction specialist; Megan Murphy, Catholic speaker, teacher and evangelist;
- David Abel, entrepreneur and evangelist, founder of DAS, Inc. and Stewardship: A Mission of Faith;
- Marty Rotella, founder of Spirit Power, singer, songwriter, speaker, and 3-time Grammy nominee; and
- Msgr. William King, Pastor of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish in Mechanicsburg, PA, theological expert on personal restoration and spiritual healing.
The cost of the retreat is $265. Register at: malvernretreat.com/register or call 610-644-0400.
May God Bless you, Fr. Bordonaro